Friday, April 16, 2010

Growing Growing Growing

We had our one month check up today (the babies are 5 weeks 2 days) and they are so big! Both babies weighed in at 9 pounds 10 ounces! I can hardly believe it. They are huge! They don't look too chunky to me yet, but I am sure they are well on their way at this rate. Laney is measuring about an inch longer than Dellan, but the doctor said he thinks Dellan will take off soon and beat her in weight and length. I am convinced they had a huge growth spurt two days ago. They have seemed so much bigger the last few days. I even ventured onto the other side of the closet this morning. They are both officially wearing 0-3 month outfits today! They are the smallest of their 0-3's, but still. I am excited they can ear all their cute clothes now as most are 0-3 and 3-6, but sad they are getting big so fast. I feel like the cliche mother already complaining that "they grow up so fast!"

The doctor confirmed today what we suspected this week: Laney has blue eyes and Dellan has brown. They started changing about a week ago, but we weren't too sure of Dellan's. He also took a guess at how tall they will be when grown using some formula" Laney 5'10.5'' and D 6'3'' give or take 2 inches. They also got their second Hep B shot today. They were troopers and only cried for a second, but the nurse told me these ones don't hurt, but next month's will! Not looking forward to that :0(








2 comments:

Nichole said...

They are growing fast! :o) They are adorable!

Grammie said...

They look so cute! Though they really do not look a lot bigger in the pictures. They still have that new baby look to them. The sleeping ones are precious. So sweet and I cant wait to see them again!