Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Changes...

This morning the babies are not keeping it any secret that they are getting older and capable of a lot more than they used to be...

Last night about 20 minutes after I put the babies to bed Dellan started to talk/fuss so I went to see what was going on and found him between the bumper and the end of his crib banging his head on the wood.

This morning he woke up at 6:30 (an hour earlier than usual) and walked in to see his little feet through the slats on the side of the crib... he had pushed the bumper down and exposed the slats.

Since he was up before Laney I put him in his nap nanny in front of the TV while I made breakfast. I have never strapped them in as they are on the carpet and have high sides so the kids have never even tried to move out of them. I heard him grunting (not upset)so I just continued making his breakfast. When I came in a minute later he was face down (belly down) half on the ground, face in the side of the napnanny. He had "gracefully" rolled/scooted himself down and over to which he was very pleased.

After breakfast the babies played on the playmat like usual (I always run upstairs and get their clothes) and D rolled himself at least 10 times so he was on the only small patch of hardwood floor and rolled and banged his head (he didn't hurt himself... he doesn't care, but it scared me for a second).

The babies looked pretty cute so I put them on the couch to take pictures and both babies easily went from sitting to "falling" on their belly and smiled. I won't let them do this on the floor because it's too hard.

And just now I put the babies down for their morning nap in the swings since we leave for Kindermusik in 45 minutes. I was watching TV in the next room with Hula when I hear this loud clicking sound over and over. It scared me... it was pretty loud. I ran in (partly expecting to find one on the floor after the morning we had had so far) and Laney was stretched up holding on to one of the leaves that rotate and spin over their head with a HUGE smile on her face. So long rotating feature, you have been permanently turned off. I do not look forward to the day (which I know is soon) that we have to say goodbye to the swings.

And here I thought I was baby-proofed...

No comments: