Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Goodness

People can still surprise you... in a good way! I was pleasantly surprised when running errands at Target and Home Depot this week. The babies and I visited Daddy at his office for lunch before running to Target to pick up a steam cleaner. We love that he works so close to home now!

I have been wanting the little green steam cleaner from Bissell, so after Tony stepped in doggie doo and unknowingly trekked it all over the house (thank you neighbors who didn't pick up after your dog in our front yard!) and Hula knocking over a full glass of red wine, we decided it would be a good purchase. Target didn't have the one I was after, but did have a Bissell steam cleaner. Just as I found what I needed a young girl who worked there walked by. I asked her if she could carry the box to the front of the store as I had the double decker stroller. She was extremely sweet and walked with me to the front of the store. The lines were crazy! I picked a line and told her she could just set it at the register. She responded with, "Well, won't you need someone to carry it out to your car?" She waited in line with me and carried it to my car! Thank you Target girl. So sweet.

Our next stop was Home Depot after a watering hose. I figured it was also worth looking for the carpet cleaner I originally wanted. I walked around the store for awhile before realizing I had no clue where I was going, so I stopped a worker and asked him for help. He found me the carpet cleaner, opened it to make sure it had cleaner fluid inside, walked it out to the garden center, found my hose, waited in line, and loaded my car. Thank you Home Depot Man.

Of course, I now had to return Target cleaner. So today the babies and I headed back to Target. My sister has mentioned the "pull a cart, push a stroller" method many times, but I have been too afraid to try. I didn't have much of a choice as there were no employees in the parking lot to help me get the box inside. I parked next to the cart collector (another sister tip) and loaded everyone and everything up and pushed and pulled through the parking lot. It was easier than expected! But I guess I looked like I had my hands full because 2 girls about my age with a 3 year old spotted me from across the parking lot and ran over to help. They demanded I let them take my cart and walked it up to the counter for me.

It is amazing how many people offer to help or have nice things to say when we are out in public. I have no doubt there is a negative for every positive comment, but for now we will appreciate the positive!

Here we are having lunch at Daddy's work:

1 comment:

Nichole said...

WOW! What was nice! What a great day! :o) Remember that day the next time you are out and meet those "other" people! :o/