Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday - Monday

It's amazing what can happen in a week! Tony and I found a house we loved in Calabasas and put in an offer a few weeks ago. After some negotiating we signed an offer and were into escrow. Unfortunately Christmas week brought some news we may lose the house. Needless to say I was an emotional wreck. This whole process has been one of my least favorite things ever! Long story short, Tony and I were driving back to LA last Monday and got the call that not only did we have the house, but we could move in this week!

Tuesday-Friday were spent packing the condo, picking paint colors, and furniture shopping. I think I surprised even myself by succeeding in packing the whole condo in 3 days by myself in my third trimester with twins. Needless to say my feet were not a fan of my new found energy. The new house has a large living room where we need a sectional or sofas. I would take breaks by running to numerous furniture stores... I think I sat in 100 sofas in 3 days! We still have not decided on the perfect one, but I think we are getting closer.

Friday and Saturday we had painters come paint almost the entire house. The kitchen and the family room were rose pink and the bathroom was shiny metallic gold! Now we have a nice, neutral colored home :0)

Saturday and Sunday were moving days! I thought these would be nice and relaxing days for me compared to the packing chaos I had just done. I was so wrong. Although we hired movers (okay street labor Tony picked up on the side of the road!) I had to follow them everywhere to tell them exactly where to put everything. By mid Sunday we had everything in the new house and my body was beat. I don't think I've ever felt so tired and sore.

Back to Monday meant back to work. Although I wanted nothing more than to stay at home and unpack the house, it was relaxing for my body to go back to work as I can sit almost the entire day. I would look forward to unpacking this coming weekend, but I will be flying up north for my shower on Friday. Looks like unpacking will just have to wait a few weeks.

In the mean time Tony and I have yet to unpack a single box. We have, however located the necessities, which include the "Food and utencils" box we found on the bottom of a pile this morning. Yesterday morning Tony had to eat his Captain Crunch with a large mixing spoon! Those utencils were quite a find! In fact, I enjoyed Captain Crunch and Instant Breakfast (thanks to the same box) for dinner. Oh, the memories you make moving!

Here are the listing photos for the house. I will post some new ones (with our new colors) once we get unpacked.

No comments: