Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Woombie

My babies have been swaddled since the day they were born. They love it. Although Laney likes to spread out when she is awake, she sleeps much better when bundled. And Dellan has a huge startle reflex (yes, still...) and cannot calm himself, whether asleep or awake, unless his arms are bound. We were using the Gymboree rectangular blankets because they had some stretch to them and stayed great using the Happiest Baby on the Block swaddle method. About 2-3 weeks ago the babies started breaking out of their swaddles because they were getting too big for the blankets to wrap all the way around them. Every time they would "break free" they would wake themselves up. In a desperate attempt at sleep I read through reviews and ordered 3 different swaddle blankets (a total of 6!) to try. The first to come in the mail were the Woombies. Not a blanket at all, the Woombie is a baby pod that stretches and zips around the baby. They come in different colors and styles... I ordered the "Lil Houdini" which supposedly is impossible to get a hand out of. After I had a good laugh at the babies in them I put them down for a nap to see what would happen. They slept great! Not only do the babies like them, they have never gotten so much as a finger out of them and they are SO EASY to put on. They have a two way zipper, so I have been leaving their legs out on hot days. If you know someone having a baby pass on the Woombie website (www.thewoombie.com). I know I can't swaddles these guys forever, but I can't get them to sleep more than 10 minutes without it. We are currently in the "Big Baby" size and they go up to "Mega Baby" so I have awhile longer :0)

No comments: