Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Pediatrician Visit

We had our first visit to the pediatrician today. I woke up feeling so sad that I had to take my babies to get shots. I never expected it would be so tough to watch them hurt and cry. I just hate it when they cry, even around the house, so I knew this would be tough for me. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the experience. The babies screamed for just a second and were over it in no time. I am sure this will change once they learn what to expect when we visit the doctor. The babies are almost back up to their birth weights at 6lb11oz (Laney) and 6lb10oz (Dell). The doctor was impressed with their weight gain and sleep schedule and said he didn't need to see us for a month!

We went in to the office today ready to beg and plead for formula samples, as I know it will add up quickly. The nurse was amazing and called the Enfamil rep for us to get boxes shipped to the house. She brought us a couple cans and several boxes of bottled formula and told us to ask for more every time we call or come in because she would set aside our formula every time it came in. We didn't even have to beg or plead! Thank you Dr. Mathews and Dr. Tahan! Even though we scream and cry when we see you (or pee right on you like D-Mo did!) we love you!

No comments: